OMC 400 / 800 / Stringer Lower Unit Repair
Rebuilds / Repairs - OMC Lower Gear Cases
Last updated on 4/7/2020, 6:54:54 PM
- Repair Prices / Rebuild and Remanufactured Pricing
- Compatible with all inline six cylinder, V6 and V8 models
- Four cylinder model also available
- Stringer and 800 Model lower units (years 1982 – 1985)
- *Note – 1978-1981 models use a servo hydraulic pump to assist with shifting – this model is available upon request
(Includes all labor, bearings, seals, pressure testing and re-painting of unit)
*Note – additional parts may be required if necessary. Please see parts breakdown page for additional part pricing.
See below for information on sending your unit in for repair.
(Includes all bearings, seals, gears, shafts – case is fully painted)
Full 1 Year Warranty
(including technical phone support)
*Note – This unit is the standard mechanical shift model (1982-1985).
If you have the servo hydraulic shift model (1978-1981), you can upgrade to the 1982-1985 model by changing the shift cable and shifter housing.
Please contact us with help with identifying your model. You can also look for the slot (2″ x 1″ for an anode in the lower unit just above the cavitation plate above the propeller.
This slot for the anode indicates you have the standard mechanical shift model – if you don’t have the slot for the anode, you have the servo hydraulic model.