OMC 400-800 Stringer lower unit repair
Rebuilds / Repairs - OMC Lower Gear Cases
Last updated on 10/18/2023
- Repair prices / rebuild and remanufactured pricing
- Compatible with all inline six cylinder, V6 and V8 models
- Four cylinder model also available
- Stringer and 800 Model lower units (years 1982 – 1985)
- *Note – 1978-1981 models use a servo hydraulic pump to assist with shifting – this model is available upon request
(Includes all bearings, seals, gears, shafts – case is fully painted)
Full 1 Year Warranty
(including technical phone support)
*Note – This unit is the standard mechanical shift model (1982-1985).
If you have the servo hydraulic shift model (1978-1981), you can upgrade to the 1982-1985 model by changing the shift cable and shifter housing.
Please contact us with help with identifying your model. You can also look for the slot (2″ x 1″ for an anode in the lower unit just above the cavitation plate above the propeller.
This slot for the anode indicates you have the standard mechanical shift model – if you don’t have the slot for the anode, you have the servo hydraulic model.